VCS Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors in accordance with the Constitution. The Board comprises between seven and eleven persons with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Finance, commerce, or corporate management
- Medical practitioner with gynaecological / colposcopy expertise
- Nurse with relevant expertise in preventative health
- Expertise in immunisation from a public health perspective
- Medical practitioner in general practice
- Consumer perspectives
- Information technology (IT).
Appointments to the Board are honorary and for at least three years. Every two years the Board elects from its members a Chairman, Vice-Chairman and Treasurer. The Executive Director of the Service acts as Secretary to the Board.